Sunday, October 23, 2011

ENTER: Scarlet

Awhile back ago, Neji started dating a girl who is a grade below me in school. After awhile they broke up, and then he started dating her friend, Scarlet.

I had seen Scarlet several times at school. It was hard to miss her, really, because she wore large amounts of black every day. Very rarely did she wear anything that was purple or green or anything else (in fact, those are the only colors I recall her wearing that weren't black), and she also had a Rolling Stones coat (heh). So yes, I definitely could pick this girl out in the crowd. But when they -- she and Neji -- started dating, we started talking and hanging out, usually in fourth period, which was P.E.

I found out a few things about her during our fourth period class. She did drugs, she was raped, she was emo, she cut herself, she acted tough, and underneath all that was a girl who I had an urge to protect, like I do all of my "real friends".

When she first told me that she was a cutter, I did not fully understand what that meant, so I responded with, "Cool." There was no reason to tell anyone (and, if I had been in the same spot once again with the knowledge I have now, I probably still wouldn't tell anyone, although I would try to help her as best I could), as far as I was concerned. I only could comprehend that it meant depression. And while I had been through that before, that didn't mean I didn't understand . . . oh never mind . . . I think you get it by now.

It was actually around this time when Neji and I had first started calling each other -- and also when I first started having the "random Goth" thoughts in my head and thinking that I may be that (which has obviously turned out to be quite true). I asked her, once, what the difference between Emo and Goth was, and she responded, "Emos cut themselves and Goths don't." I honestly thought that that wasn't much of a wonderful explanation, but I trusted her judgement all the same.

I now know that it's misguided, which is sad for her, but ah well; it is what it is, you know?

Scarlet herself has a lot of problems, especially recently, but I in no way am a fan of documenting them all here. Although I'm pretty sure she wouldn't care if I did, I don't have her full permission. Usually I don't care what I have and what I don't have in these things, but I have moved up from M-D (and yes, I still write there) to Blogger, which is such a big difference in typing down things for all to see. Therefore, I will not post too many of her woes and things in here, and I would put a picture of her here, but I have a bad feeling about doing that . . . so I'll just put something on here of which she has in one of her Facebook albums.

From Scarlet's Facebook album.
Source:  Google images, most likely

No comments:

Post a Comment