Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"New" Baby Bat Definition!

After taking my usual morning showers, I signed in to Blogger to see if anyone I follow had updated their blogs. Lucky for me, my Goth Guide addiction had been fed, and I learned something new:

Ever since . . . March, I believe . . . I have been thinking that once I have become more knowledgeable in our lovely subculture and have also discovered a wide variety of Goth music, then I would no longer be a Baby Bat.

BEHOLD, THE ULTIMATE BABY BAT!!!
Source:  Google images


The Ultimate Goth Guide's creator has recently discovered, however, that a Baby Bat is defined by their age  rather than anything else (if you want to know where she found that, then here is the reliable source). Usually, Goths define a Baby Bat as a person who is over the age of eighteen years old (and the creator of Gothic Charm School says it's twenty-one, personally, for her). I go for the eighteen mark -- not because if it's then they I have a shorter time to wait or anything, but because . . . well . . . that's the age people in around here become legally adults, I suppose, and I'm applying it to Gothdome.

Am I angered or upset by this revelation? No, not at all. I suppose that the reason I am not is because this gives me many years to sit back in front of the fire place, relax, and try to gain as much experience within the subculture as I possibly can before I am eighteen.

Until then, here's to being a Baby Bat!

No comments:

Post a Comment